It may seem an obvious question but what is coaching anyway and why is everyone talking about it?
Coaching is here with us now for a reason. It is a human response to massive global change. The need for coaching is greater now than it has perhaps ever been in human history.
Coaching is based on the premise that everything changes, nothing ever stays the same. the tricky bit now is learning to evolve with the changes by gaining new perspectives, understanding, accepting and using our expanded human capacity (intuition, creativity, energy, potential, flexibility etc) to respond to this ever increasing speed of change.
What does this mean?
- It means that we co-create (or more playful) with what comes up whether we like what is present or not
- It means we become flexible and creative when leading teams and leading our lives
- It requires us to move out of the level of “drama” in life and work and enter into the level of “choice” and “opportunity” in every situation we encounter
- It means we ask “What wants to happen here” and “who do I choose to be in this situation?”
- It requires proactivity instead of re-action (acting the same way over and over again and therefore changing nothing)
- It means becoming RESPONSIBLE for all of our actions and therefore it means that we step into the driver’s seat of our world
When we do this splendid things occur:
“Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance” Bruce Barton
CLICK ON THE LINK for a radio interview where I explain this in more detail RADIO INTERVIEW